Saturday 26 November 2016

Welcome

Hello,

Welcome to my blog.

I'm Samson. I’ve always loved storytelling. And I’m fascinated by people … their lives, their experiences.

Remember the person you sat next to in school … the who always asked ‘Why?’ … the one you hoped would shut up?

Well that's me. 

I am passionate about asking why particularly those in authority, using journalism and communications to tell stories and about social change.

When Ed Miliband was running as Labour leader, his silence on foreign policy caused me to ask him what his Afghanistan policy was.



At De Montfort University, I spoke to the city's local MP Liz Kendall about social mobility and tuition fees - a critical issue shortly after they had been raised to a maximum of £9,000 for future students.



I have been fortunate to be associated with well known organisations such as Transport for London (TfL). I was given the opportunity to thrive and developed a strong interest in road schemes.



Like most people, I am all about fairness for everyone.

I saw this first hand at TfL in many ways. One example was the way in which people of all backgrounds and ages were welcomed into the Press Office to learn about its work and be perhaps be inspired to work in the transport industry. 

This purpose has motivated me to deepen my involvement with the Well Tell You mental health research projects with 42nd Street Manchester. I am volunteering with a Manchester University schizophrenia awareness study to help give these people the life they deserve. 

I'm a very curious person, so I'm curious to know what you think about my blog.

Feel free to leave your comments all around the site and let's start a conversation.  




5 comments: